Friday, August 27, 2010

Finals





Yesterday was the Dukes Ocean Fest Toes on The Nose Kicker ASP Pro. It's the biggest event we have all year and it's our qualifier for the ASP WLT.











It's also connected with the Dukes Ocean fest which celebrates the life of Duke Kahanamoku. It is a week long event with all kinds of divisions including the pro.









I ended up making the Finals along with Kai Sallas, Kamu Auwai, and Duane Desoto. I also double qualified for the 2011 ASP WLT so it was a good week. The waves were actually pretty good when they came in. They were about chest
high on the sets.







In the first few minutes of the final I got an interference call from Duane Desoto which put me behind from the start.







In the later part of the heat I got three really strong waves. I actually would have WON the contest if I didnt get an interference.
Whyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!













I was bummed out!! It felt good to know that I surfed good enough to win the contest though. I just came off of a bad result in Japan and my friend Kai Sallas won the event so I had a bit of a chip on my shoulder to do well here at home. I just wanted to beat Kai hahahahaha. All in all I'm stoked with the result, my boards are working well and I am amping for the next event. This gave me a good confidence boost going into the World Championships in October at Makaha. I know I can beat the best guys I just gotta keep my head on straight in the heat. Leeeeeeeeeeet's gooooooo!!!!!!

Alohaz

No comments:

Post a Comment